Today I visited the doctor to change my dosage of Amitryptiline to help me sleep better. I also had him order in a 90 day supply of my different medications so when I go up to NAU, I won't have to stress so much about getting them refilled every 30 days. After the appointment, I went to In and Out with my step-mom, little sister, and Amie. By the end of lunch I was completely drained and even walking to the car put a strain on my muscles. I have noticed that living in the 116 degree weather of Phoenix definitely takes a toll on my body quicker. I'm hoping that the cooler weather in Flagstaff will help calm me down when I'm out and about. I was supposed to go with Amie to have one last date with her friend before she goes off to Texas for college, but I was too exhausted. So we came home and I slept from 4 to 7. It was not a nice nap at all; I was waking up every 20 minutes because of the throbbing ache throughout my entire body. But at least it was something.
College is becoming more and more real by the second. Today it really hit me as I was telling the doctor that I was moving in 2 weeks. I find myself becoming more and more excited rather than scared, which is a plus. I hope the excitement lasts until we leave. And I hope once I am there, moving boxes of things into my dorm, that stress doesn't overwhelm me. I hope I can stay positive and not overwhelm myself with "what if's" and dreadful thoughts about Fibromyalgia.
I had this idea for my blog, so at least if I can't think of anything to write, I'll have SOMETHING. I want to write two things I am thankful for each day. I got this idea from a website a couple days ago. This lady writes in a journal three things she is thankful for everyday. I already pray each night and thank God for different things. But this way I can try and choose new recent things that I am thankful for. Plus it'd be neat to be able to look back at each day and remind myself that while things are difficult at times, I still have so much to be grateful for.
So to begin this trend, today I thank God for the amazing people in my life and for my house.
First of all, I would not be able to wake up every morning, get dressed, and live if it weren't for each person in my life. Amie, of course comes to mind first because she is here all the time through the awful "All I wanna do is cry" days to the exciting "Let's go do this and this and this" days. I never feel alone when I'm with her. And I am thankful that I have someone with whom I can be completely myself around all the time. My doctor comes to mind next. I was telling my step-mom today how amazing I think he is, because no matter how small of I thing I am seeing him for, he gives me his undivided attention and makes sure that I am doing okay with everything else. Like today I was seeing him to get a change in a prescription. He asked how I was feeling and how excited I was for college, and he made me feel like he had all the time in the world to sit down with me and make sure that everything was figured out for me medically. To find a doctor like this, I have learned, is priceless. Really these are the two people that come time mind right away, but in all honesty, everyone in my life impacts me in so many different ways. Whether it be Lorelei(my 6 year-old sister) when she wants me to sit with her in the backseat just so she can be close to me or Amie's friend, Kelly when she smiles at me and is so friendly and accepting just because, they all make a difference. And I am thankful to God for each and every one of them.
When I say I am thankful for my house, this may sound insignificant. However, I can assure you that I will never again take for granted this simple, yet comforting, possession. When my family lost our house in January, I was terrified that I would be sleeping in a room full of other people in a shelter. But no, that is not what happened at all. Amie's dad was nice enough to allow me to move into his house, which now has become my own. My family moved into a small trailer and there was no room for me. So I feel so blessed to be able to come home and take a nap in such a comfortable bed, away from the miserable Arizona heat, because there are so many people out there that do not have this luxury.
If you are reading this, I hope it makes you think about the simple things in your life that you may be taking for granted. And if you blog as well, I challenge you to come up with two new things you are thankful for each day...or each time you decide to create a post. I wish you all the best, and God bless. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment