eight%3A%2045px%3B%22%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Monday, August 13, 2012

Music and Rain

Today I am going to begin with the two things that I am thankful for. While we were on our way today to the district office to pick up our scholarships that we won for winning the editing and the audience award in our school's film festival for our film, Forget Me Not, I heard the song, Springsteen by Eric Church. I was completely over the top obsessed with this song when it first came out. And I remember listening to it on the bus to school when I first got sick. It would literally take everything out of me just to get myself out of bed in the morning and walk to the bus stop.  When I heard the song again today, I literally found myself feeling the exact same feeling I had a few months back, listening to the song on the bus. And it just hit me how powerful music really is. I can't believe it can literally bring back an entire emotion that you haven't felt in ages. It was such a moment for me. :) Anyway, that is why today I am thankful for music.

We actually just got home from going to my little sister's first grade meet the teacher night. I don't live with my family, so this morning Lorelei called me at 11 am and asked if I would accompany her and my stepmom and other sister to her meet the teacher night, so I did. After the meet the teacher night, we all went out to eat at Denny's. On the way home from Denny's, it started to pour! And, living in Arizona, this is a BIG deal. There was lightning, rain, and lots of wind. Rain is by far my favorite weather. Not even kidding, I could live in a place where sun NEVER shines and be completely happy. I don't know what it is about it. I think really it's how mellow and relaxing rain makes the world seem. Sunshine is so in your face and harsh. Rain is so gentle and subtle. I just love it. So my second thing to be thankful for is rain.

As far as my day goes, it was pretty plain. We just hung out around the house until this evening when we went with my sister to meet her teacher! Oh and I almost forgot! Lorelei's best friend is named Nikki. And today when they went to meet their teacher, they all had name tags on desks except for Lorelei because she had just been registered so she wasn't on the roster yet. So when the teacher was finished introducing herself, she asked if there were any questions. Nikki raised her hand and said, "My friend over there *points to Lorelei* does not have a seat!" When the teacher asked what her name was, she goes, "Lorelei" with all the attitude in the world. Then Lorelei goes, "And I want to sit by Nikki because she is my most bestest friend ever!" I thought this was the cutest thing ever. These kids are joined at the hip. I never get tired of watching them together. :D

While I am grateful for the rainy weather, it definitely doesn't make my body feel to great. My shoulders are aching and my knees are weak. :/ Oh well. It's nothing new. If you are reading this, I hope my little sister and her friend brought as much joy to you as they did to me. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment