I never write on this blog anymore, and I think about the fact that I never post all the time. I really want to get back into blogging. Now that the new semester is about to begin, I think I will have more time. I have changed my major from Nursing to Photography, so my school schedule will not be as intense. I really cannot wait to start! I am just so excited to be taking classes that I really care about. Photography is my passion. If you know me, you know this simple fact. And that is why I am changing my major!
This summer has been pretty great. I went to Louisiana to visit family, Texas, and Santa Barbara, my hometown! Other than that, I have been lounging around the house, visiting local friends here and there. Amie and I are moving into our new apartment in exactly 6 days, and we could not be more eager to get out of here!
Sewing has become my new hobby. I've made a duvet cover, a rice heat pack, a camera bag, and I am currently working on a maxi skirt. I absolutely love it! I am going diy crazy!
I feel like I will probably mention my health in just about every post that I create on this blog. My health is topic number one that runs through my mind all the time, because there is always something new going on with me. There always seems to be something that cannot currently be explained that is making me feel sick. So this blog being my form of a journal, I am going to vent about how sick I feel frequently. I have to ask that anyone who comes across these posts please understand that I am not being whiney or looking for attention. I am just allowing myself to feel less alone by writing down everything I am feeling.
So anyway, back to my health. As a reminder or for those of you who don't know, I have Fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is basically a chronic pain condition which causes widespread pain all across the body. Along with fatigue and pain, many other complications are common such as headaches, gastrointestinal problems, insomnia, and much more. I recently changed my medication because it was starting to work less and less. I am now taking 30 mg of Cymbalta morning and night, 75 mg of Amitriptyline at night, and 10 mg of Cyclobenzaprine at night. I have many other pills for other symptoms such as frequent nausea and headaches. The Cymbalta gave me MISERABLE nausea at first. But soon after, it began to work. I have noticed that I am not as fatigued as I used to be. I am still in pain quite often, however. So it isn't a miracle drug, but it is helping much more than my previous medicine.
My liver enzymes are also elevated, and my liver is enlarged. Once I am back in Flagstaff, I have to set up an appointment with a Gastroenterologist to start figuring out what is going on with that. There are a few other things I'd rather not mention on here for now. Let's just say, I have A LOT to figure out when it comes to my health. It's hard, but I'm pushing through it.
That's all for my update! I hope to keep up with blogging once we move in. If you are reading this, thank you. It feels good to know someone is listening. God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment